Sunday, November 23, 2008

out of right field

Looking at past experience, I think it's fair to say that the best things in life are usually totally and completely unexpected (so are the worst, but I'd rather not focus on that right now). Too often, we wait for something to happen to make us happy. But I barely know what's going to happen in 10 minutes for me to base my mood on a future event that will almost definitely not happen the way I thought it would anyway.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
--Philippians 4:6
Soon, life will be a jigsaw falling into place. It might not be the picture you wanted, but then again, since when does anyone know what they want?

take a lesson from me
don't get stuck on a dream

No comments: