Wednesday, March 4, 2009

doing more with less

Throughout the scriptures, we are constantly reminded of the paradox: less=more. Five loaves and two fish feed a multitude. Two coins are worth more than an empire. A young man and his friends become stronger despite the reduced intake of food.

I've decided I'm going to stop being a bum and start doing some sort of physical exercise. Maybe posting it on a blog that has a readership of three (slowly increasing) will cement this promise to myself. In any case, I'm starting this new exercising thing during lent, when all I can eat are the variations of soy, beans, and soy beans. Because in essence, fasting is about doing more with less - becoming more efficient in a way. Getting rid of the excesses and focusing on the important. And despite the decreases, I should see increases if I do it right.

No comments: